Monday, August 27, 2007

sunday night wrap.... but on monday afternoon

Well we made it through a good night of discussion... but I am pretty sure there were some more thoughts that didn't get voiced. So I would love to continue the discussion here or through e-mail... what about last night's talk got you thinking? What challenged you?

one question that was brought up was a matter of Jesus' temptation in the wilderness reconciling with what James writes in the verses we talked about last night (James 1:13-14) read it and tell us what you think.

Don't forget to be in prayer for Phil, the young soldier in Iraq who was severely injured, and we will try to get updates on the situation as we go.
A huge thanks to After Sunday for giving us a great night of worship, and thanks to all those who came out and took part.

His
j-

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Temptation is most definetly a hudge struggle of mine. I was thinking about it and I really think that temptation is something that stems in the mind. Most of the time what I am being tempted by is not something that I truely desire. It's something that I momentarely feel like I "need". I really like how you put it when you talked about Satan. I really don't think that he is sitting there personally tempting all of us individually, I really think that there are things of this world that he has set out and we can either choose to take the bait or not.

James 1:13-14
I don't think that God plays the game of who can I tempt so that I can watch them fall down because he thinks it would be funny...
I believe that He allows Satan to tempt us by things of this world, so that we grow in an area. verse 14 says each one is tempted by his own evil desire.

....

I'm not totally sure just my opionion.

I do know that temptation leads to sin and only through grace Jesus died on the cross for our sin.