Sunday, September 16, 2007

after dinner thoughts

WOW... what an adventure. Today was sort of a crazy day considering I am in a third world country. We (that is the family that I am staying with & I) went to church and it was an interesting experience... they attend an international fellowship and one of the teachers at the International school gave the sermon today. It wasn't Bridgeway, but... really what is? It really didn't matter, I just wanted to hang out with some of the kids, so we (that is, me and some of the students) went to lunch... at KFC of all places. It was crazy... there's a KFC in Salatiga Indonesia and it's pretty good. The crispy recipe chiken is spicy so YUM. But that's not the best part of the day. It was great hanging out with some of the kids and just talking over a meal outside of the retreat. It was good. It got even better. After getting home from KFC we decided that we would go swimming, but it just so happened there was a spa at the pool... so for $10 I got an hour massage then went swimming in an incredible pool. Then the real adventure started. I got to drive my first Moped in Indonesia... what a rush. We rode back from the spa to the house.. then I got to take the scooter back out for dinner. Anyway... dinner was phenomenal and incredibly spicy. Well, it was a much different Sunday evening than I've had all year. But I will say, I still miss you guys a ton. See you next week.

His
j-

2 comments:

mikeldelrosario said...

We miss you, too, bro! Sounds like you're having a blast. Yeah, KFC is all over Asia. And not too bad either. From what I remember in the Philippines, they had some local renditions of the Colonel's stuff going on, too. Crossroads went really well last night. Maybe you could open up a discussion post for "the mind of community" and see if anyone besides me posts in here... I'd be interested to read any additional thoughts from the evening.

Anonymous said...

You write very well.