Friday, November 9, 2007

It's Friday.... but Sunday's coming

Ok... let me start by saying....
what's with that saying? I've never gotten that. I remember working in a mortgage bank and having one of my christian co-workers say that to me.... Sunday's coming? I think it's some sort of encouragement but I would rather have someone who noticed I was in need of encouragement come up and say... HAVE HEART... the Lord is with you and will never forsake you!! or something poetic along those lines. I sort of detest the idea that we must wait for sunday to somehow reconnect with Jesus. I guess, the thought of the curtain to the Holy of Holies being torn apart for me to relegate His presence in my life to church services on Sunday morning (or of cours in our church's case Saturday nights). If that is ever our attitude.. then we are missing the point, we are selling ourselves short. So... it is Friday... and Sunday is coming, but live for Christ today!!

now on to the point.
Last week we took on Truth and Righteousness and we had a pretty killer discussion... at least I thought we did. So... were there any thoughts we missed? Some words of wisdom from you guys that you felt you didn't get to bring forth? Come on! Bring it!

so this weekend... Readiness of the Gospel and Faith... the boots and the shield. What are their significance, what is real faith? What on earth is the "readiness of the Gospel"? let's hear it.

See you on Sunday night.

j-

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You crack me up! I'm really bumbed I won't be there Sunday. I think you and Andy should team up and lead college ministry together!?! YAY! Just kidding I know...

I really liked last weeks discussion! I thought it was good. Thanks for sharing your experience with spiritual warefare!

So the boots. I think that represents your walk. You should stand firm in the Lord and you do that through the "boots"

Knowing the scripture is the shield. If you know scripture you can battle anything! Hebrews 4:12 "The word of God is sharper than any double edge sword..."

That's what I got. Let me know how the talk goes on Sunday.