Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Delicious Thoughts....

Well, I hope that that stirred your minds into thinking a little differently about intimacy with Jesus.


I get caught up in that thought sometimes. For my own life.. what does intimacy with Christ look like, what would my life be if I embraced deeper intimacy with Him (certainly I am self-aware enough to know there is plenty... boundless amounts... of room to grow in this area)? So maybe that's a question for each of us to wrestle with this week, or maybe forever, but how about a more focussed, deliberate consideration of this question this week.


What would our lives be like if we embraced deeper intimacy with Jesus?


Considering all the things we talked about this weekend. The conflict within, the confrontation of sin in our lives, the fear of authenticity or transparency. Taking all that into the lens through which you look... examine the question.


Leave a comment or two... let's talk this one out.

1 comment:

Troy M. said...

Justin,

you pose a very good question. I did not hear your sermon so I can't comment on what you said but your question still stands. What would my life look like if my relationship with Jesus was more intimate.

You never know what the Lord will do with you and bless you with if you choose Him but I would think I would become more like Him. I would love others with a deeper love, be quicker to forgive, and be more compassionate to my neighbors to name a few. I also think I would learn more about God's nature as I let His Word and Spirit fill my life. There would be growth both internally in my spirit and externally to other people.

When faced with the struggles against the world, the flesh, and the devil that deeper relationship with Jesus would strengthen me to fight these forces. This would allow me to be more authentic and transparent especially because when you are successful at defeating sin in your life at whatever level it allows you to be confident that you can do it again. That hopelessness for victory disappears when by God's grace you have gained victory in the past.